Lead-acid battery is a kind of battery, its role is to save the limited power, lead-acid battery is the working principle of chemical energy into electricity.
It is filled with lead plate filled with sponge lead as a negative electrode, filled with lead dioxide lead dioxide as a positive electrode, and with 22 to 28% dilute sulfuric acid as an electrolyte in the charge, Standard Lead Acid Battery the electrical energy into chemical energy, chemical energy and discharge Into the power of the battery in the discharge, the metal lead is negative, the oxidation reaction, was oxidized to lead sulfate; lead dioxide is a positive, the occurrence of reduction reaction, was reduced to lead sulfate. Batteries in the DC charging, Standard Lead Acid Battery the poles were generated Lead and lead dioxide. After removing the power, it is restored to the state before discharge, the composition of the chemical battery. Lead battery is able to repeatedly charge, discharge the battery, called the secondary battery. Its voltage is 2v, usually three Lead-acid batteries used in series, the voltage is 6v. The car is used in six lead-acid batteries in series into 12v battery pack. Lead battery in the use of a period of time to add distilled water, so that the electrolyte to keep containing 22 to 28% dilute sulfuric acid.
The use and classification of lead - acid batteries
1. Classification according to the use of lead-acid batteries
A. for a variety of cars, tractors, diesel engine starting and ignition, lighting; Standard Lead Acid Battery start when the request for high current discharge, requires low temperature start, the battery resistance is small;
B. Standard Lead Acid Battery for power plants, substations, communications, hospitals, etc. as protection, automatic control, accident lighting, communications and other backup power; electrolyte thin, long life, Chun-use;
C. For a variety of battery cars, forklifts, forklifts, mining motor vehicles and so on. As a motorized traction and lighting power supply; require thick plate, the capacity of large, to 3h ~ 5h rate charge and discharge cycle; D. size and capacity vary, discharge rate varied.
2. Partial definition of lead-acid batteries
A. sealed cell: When the battery in the specified design range to maintain the sealed state, Standard Lead Acid Battery but the internal pressure exceeds the specified value, allowing the gas through a resettable or non-resettable pressure relief device to escape;
B. A hermetically sealed cell without a pressure relief device;
C. maintenance-free battery (maintenance-free battery) in the specified operating conditions, the use of the period does not need to maintain a battery.
3. Lead-acid battery classification At present, we commonly used lead-acid batteries are divided into three categories, namely, ordinary batteries, dry batteries and maintenance-free batteries three.
1) ordinary battery; ordinary battery plate is composed of lead and lead oxide, Standard Lead Acid Battery the electrolyte is sulfuric acid aqueous solution. Its main advantage is the voltage stability, the price is cheap; the disadvantage is lower than the energy (that is, per kilogram of battery storage power), short life and routine maintenance frequently;
2) dry load battery: its full name is dry charge lead acid battery, its main feature is the negative plate has a high storage capacity, in a completely dry state, can save the power within two years, the use of , Standard Lead Acid Battery Just add the electrolyte, so over 20-30 minutes can be used;
3) maintenance-free battery: maintenance-free battery due to its own structure on the advantages of electrolyte consumption is very small, in the life of the basic need not add distilled water. It also has a shock, high temperature, small size, self-discharge characteristics. Standard Lead Acid Battery Life is generally twice the ordinary battery. There are two kinds of maintenance-free batteries on the market: the first one in the purchase of the electrolyte after the use of no need to use maintenance (add replenishment); the other is the battery itself has been added when the factory electrolyte and sealed , The user simply can not add liquid.